Pages

Saturday 8 September 2012

Muse about Musing


It’s been ages since I wrote anything. I guess it must be good sign; the fewer things I have to complain about the less you have to suffer with me reading these blog entries. So I had a fairly normal week... my brother celebrated his 18th birthday in a student’s town (there was little beer involved), I danced with hipsters and hippies to the heavenly tunes of Dubsteb, and I shared a drink with 2 South African mercenaries...


Now I am quietly enjoying a long deserved cup of cappuccino in my favourite coffee shop waiting for my 7pm Skype rendezvous with my parents. I have absolutely no idea what I want to write about. It’s one of those “flip the laptop open and see what happens” pieces... I’ve got it! I shall muse about musing.
It is lame I know, but so what!  It’s my blog and I am bored.
So we all daydream right? Somewhere I read something that daydreaming is a way our brain tell us, subconsciously, what we really want at that moment... Now I am an academic person and I’ve read this is on twitter. My first reaction was where is your reference? Proof yourself! But then I gave it a little thought. It is surprisingly true!
I daydream all the time... in fact I have a favourite daydream spot in my flat. I love to sit on my “smoking couch” and stare at the hessian coffee bag hanging against the wall with a big Africa printed on it. Whenever I look at it I embark on an adventure. I imagine meeting rebel fighters in Congo, pirates in Somalia and mercenaries in Mali. I feel the dust in my hair and smell the sweat from my t-shirt. I feel the weight of my backpack and the little adrenalin you get when you feel lost in a strange country. 
I guess I am travel sick at the moment. If this is what I muse about then it must be what I want?
Happing day dreaming everyone!  One of these days I will write something proper again. But first I have to walk 1 km in trough a thunderstorm to my campus so that I can chat with my parents.... Greetings!

No comments:

Post a Comment