Pages

Tuesday 25 September 2012

Living A Spontaneous Life- Long weekend in Botswana

A week of exams is enough to drive any student to madness. A month of continuous studies will certainly drive you to insanity...
time for a break...

This notion was proven with my last Skype call with my dad. It went something like this:
Dad: So what are you doing this long weekend? No one will be in Potch. right?
Me: yeah... everyone is visiting their families. I guess I will stay at home and read some political biographies; do economic research and argue with my self on all the previous mentioned subjects.
*after a long pause*
Dad: you seriously need a girlfriend!
Me:girlfriends cost time,attention and money.
Dad : then you really have to get away this weekend... you are getting mad over there!

Needles to say that was the tipping point for me. That evening I decided to visit Botswana. I have been itching to hop over the border, into our neighbouring country for a while now and the last time I had the opportunity I couldn't make because of some freak Maths test popping up in my schedule. Well I decided to screw it all! tomorrow I am leaving for Gaborone!
Into an unknown adventure!


It was one of my most spontaneous and adventurous trip in my life! I sent  8 couch request on www.couchsurfing.org  in hopes of getting a couch on such sort notice and I booked a place at Mokolodi backpackers, just in case. The next morning I received a positive confirmation from Utku, a young Turkish dude living Gab's, you can imagine my excitement at the opportunity to practise my Turkish! however he can only accommodate me from Saturday onwards. so I had to camp at the backpackers... No problem. I quickly arranged for a pick up service because I will arrive in the city in the middle of the night. After handling all the accommodation plans I quickly bought a bus ticket and left for Johannesburg my friend Xander.

I had no Idea how the weekend would end up... But my next few blogs are definitely inspired from my journey to Botswana. Enjoy it friends!
Remember to live life spontaneously, randomly and carefree!




2 comments:

  1. Hi! Seems like an awesome day. Where is Botswana if I might ask? Never heard of it or I have, but forgot ;-). It's funny how boring this day started and turned into a fantastic adventure.

    Are you on Couchsurfing? That's cool. Send me a coach request before you come to Siem Reap (Cambodia). Would be my pleasure to host you.

    Agness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Agness!!!
      That's what life is about isn't it? =) changing the dull into exciting! that's what I live for. Botswana is my neighbouring country in Southern Africa. Its quite a large place but have a very small population( only +- 2 mil. people) But everyone is very friendly and hospitable. I hope i will be in Cambodia before you leave of to another country! but I would love to visit you!! where ever it might be in the world. maybe you should consider south-africa in you around the world tour ;)
      glad you enjoyed the post
      greetings;
      martin

      Delete