Pages

Thursday 2 August 2012

The False Job Syndicate

Today; during the ungodly hours of a beautiful(ish) morning,  a middle aged man approached me in a park. Just for the record, the cold has hit a record low, I don't want to go to class and its early...very early!
So I am pretty much in the foulest state if mind you can find me in.


I decided to ignore him and kept on walking with my earphones intact.
The stranger started to talk to me, out of courtesy I removed the heavenly sounds out of my ear just to replace them with the age old devilish noise of another drunkard begging for money.
"Stop walking" was the first thing he said.
"No; if you want to talk to me you can keep up"
"I don't want to walk! but can you give me R20 taxi money? I have to go home in Klerksdorp."

Seriously?! Did the thought of me giving you R20 actually occurred in your mind? that's a double J&B whiskey at Mystic Boer! And why did you end up in potch if you have no means of returning home?
Oooo... you never got the promised job. Then why the hell did you spend your last R20 on a taxi fare for some dodgy business deal?
We should call the police, this must be a organised crime; because you are one of the 10 other guys who share the same dilemma this week. In fact 7 of them have a child in klerksdorp who needs money for his school. surprisingly they all have R50 outstanding on their balance...
Yes we should definitely report this syndicate who give false hope to innocent fathers through inviting them to the land of brandy and hubbly with the prospect of a lucrative job .

Next time you approach a student; just stop an consider this: We don't have a fixed income (yet)!
We leach on our parents,on the bank and some other big corporation who feels guilty and hand out bursaries.
We are beggars as well ; just like you! So please stop begging from your follow beggars.
Sincerely
Martin



No comments:

Post a Comment